1.Regarding the Provision of Personal Information
- The University, when a user files an application or inquiry, etc., by accessing the Site, may collect personal information by which an individual can be specified, including name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- When collecting personal information, we shall specify the purpose for the collection, and in addition, shall restrict the personal information that we collect to the range necessary.
2.Regarding the Management and Protection of Personal Information
- The University has appointed a protection manager at the department handling personal information, and conducts appropriate management. In addition, the company is taking safety measures of an appropriate and reasonable level to not only prevent the external leaking of personal information, but also to protect against dangers including the loss, damage, tampering, and unauthorized external access of information; through this, the University is endeavoring to protect the personal information of users.
- The University may outsource the operation of a part of the functions and services of the Site to an external contractor; however, in such cases, the external contractor shall be obligated by contract to appropriately manage the personal information of users.
3.Regarding the Use of Personal Information
- Statistical information by which an individual cannot be identified may be used as reference materials for the provision of improved services, as well as within the range of other legitimate purposes.
4.Regarding the Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
- The University, with the exception of disclosure to a contractor or partner for the achievement of the purpose of the collection of the personal information, shall not disclose the personal information provided by users to any third party.
- The University, with the exception of where prescribed by law, shall not disclose personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the individual.
- In the event of personal information being provided based on the law, or in the event of business relating to the handling of personal information being outsourced to a third party, arrangements shall be made to ensure that said third party takes the appropriate measures to ensure the safety and to manage, etc., such personal information.
5.Regarding Requests for the Disclosure, Correction, and Deletion of Personal Information
- The University, in the event of receiving a request for disclosure of their provided information from an individual user, shall disclose such information without delay, within a reasonable range based on the law.
- In the event of an individual user making a request for the correction or deletion of their personal information, such a correction or deletion shall be performed without delay, within a reasonable range based on the law.
- However, this shall not apply in the event of the University determining that this would infringe on the rights of a third party, or would interfere with the conducting of University business.
6.Regarding Legal Compliance and Ongoing Review
Public Relations Division,
Department of General Affairs, Hitotsubashi University
TEL : +81-42-580-8032